The Boom! Box™
GTS infotainment system is an evolved interface experience for riders of select Touring model motorcycles that offers the contemporary look, feel and function of the latest mobile devices and tablets, with durability and features designed specifically for motorcycling. Every element has been optimized to enhance the rider’s interaction with the motorcycle and connectivity with the world to ultimately improve the Touring experience.
Application: Boom! Box GTS replaces the Boom! Box 6.5GT system on MY19 Ultra Limited, Ultra Limited Low, Road Glide®
Ultra, Road Glide®
Special, Street Glide Special models, and is a factory-installed option on Street Glide, Road Glide®
and Ultra Classic models.
- Improved Display
- The 6.5-inch GTS touchscreen is the same size as the 6.5GT Touch-screen but all mechanical buttons and the plastic bezel are eliminated providing a clean and modern appearance.
- The Touch-Screen Display uses a durable glass material that is similar to those used on mobile phones screens (6.5GT face plate is a plastic sheet). The durable glass is optically bonded to the TFT Display to keep graphics crisp and clean
- The Touch-Screen glass is exceptionally durable, even when used with "touch screen" riding gloves. Easy to clean surface
- The glass offers an Anti-Reflective Coating that minimizes reflections and washout conditions.
- Compared to 6.5GT the new TFT display has 100 percent more resolution (from 400 x 240 to 800 x 480)with a 4x higher contrast ratio– it looks more crisp and modern and is easier to view in bright sunlight.
- Like a smart phone, the display responds to two-finger gestures: Swipe, Pinch, and Drag.
- Improved User Experience
- The Boom! Box GTS processes faster, has more memory and is more responsive than the previous Boom! Infotainment systems.
- Start-up time is reduced from 21 seconds to 10 seconds.
- Time to FM Audio is less than 6 seconds
- Route calculation time is reduced from 10 seconds to 2.5 seconds
- Home screen display reduced to three key system buttons: Navigation, Phone, Music, plus a New Back button added to Right Hand Control. Other screens (Nav, Phone, Music) feature condensed information that’s easier to read and navigate.
- Quick Jump feature added to allow easy access to NAV, Audio and Vehicle information (press and hold Home on Left Hand Control for Pop-Up Menu).
- User selectable background colors and High Contrast viewing mode
- The entire GTS system can be managed with the motorcycle hand controls.
- Next-Level Technology
- The Boom! Box GTS has a new navigation engine with a voice recognition enabled "one box search" function (similar to a search engine)
- Ability to utilize the Ride Planner App to upload routes directly to the bike generated on user smart phone
- The navigation engine allows customers to choose alternative routes based on Fastest, Shortest, Twisty and Scenic NAV features.
- Boom! Box GTS is Apple CarPlay compatible and can project phone functions to the screen, including streaming apps, weather, traffic, etc., so the rider can enjoy and use those functions that have been installed on a phone.
- International Features
- The Boom! Box GTS system has seven additional languages: Portuguese (Brazil), Czech, Turkish, Polish, Russian, Dutch, Japanese.
- Japanese navigation is enabled through USB-connected projection mode (Apple CarPlay).
- DAB/DAB plus (Digital Audio Broadcasting) is enabled for European and Asian countries where available.
- What’s Not Changed
- Boom! Box GTS supports the wireless headset system introduced for MY18
- Base system audio with 25 watts per channel through two or four speakers, with P&A support for up to three sets of Boom! Stage II speakers and 900 watts total power.
- Current audio sources are maintained: AM, FM, WB, XM, A2DP Bluetooth streaming and Digital Mass Storage compatibility.
- Smart Security System with proximity-based, hands-free security fob